At Orchard Hill Church, we are on a mission to proclaim a message to our community and our world. In all that we say and do, we strive to make clear the opportunity that every individual has to be rightly related to God through the person of Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is true and relevant for life today.
- We are to grow intentionally to be like Christ through a lifelong process.
- We are committed to actively caring for the needs of the whole person.
- We are committed to reaching unbelievers with the gospel, which is best done in the context of friendship.
- We are committed to providing safe havens for people who need unconditional love.
- Celebration and excitement are effective tools for encouraging, challenging and worshipping.
- The Body of Christ extends beyond Orchard Hill Church; God's work is often accomplished best through co-operative efforts both locally and internationally.
- We are committed to discovering and using our spiritual gifts to honor God and advance His mission.
The Foundations of Our Faith:
- WE BELIEVE there is one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the Creator of all that is, unlimited in His power, holiness and love. Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19
- WE BELIEVE all humanity, though created in the image of God and of infinite worth to Him, is so affected by sin that every part of one's life is marred by it, and therefore no person can by himself or herself be saved from God's punishment for sin, which is hell. Genesis 1:27; Romans 7:5; Romans 3:23
- WE BELIEVE Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, whose substitutionary death on the cross was for the sins of humanity and makes possible the offer of forgiveness and salvation to all who believe in Him, seek His forgiveness, and live under His Lordship. Romans 8: 1-4; Romans 8: 32-34
- WE BELIEVE the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and that it teaches us without error what we should believe and how we should live. II Timothy 3:16-17
- WE BELIEVE the Church everywhere in the world is the Body of Christ, commissioned to bring the love and salvation of God to the world. Acts 1:8; II Corinthians 5:18-20
- WE BELIEVE Jesus Christ is coming again to earth to judge the world, destroy the works of Satan, and take Christ's followers to heaven, their eternal home. I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:10; John 14:3
Helping people become fully devoted followers of Christ who honor God as we together:
- Worship and Obey Jesus
- Lead Others to Jesus
- Encourage Each Other in Faith, Love, and Obedience
- Spiritual Growth - Every individual attending OHC continually and consistently grows spiritually, becoming more like Jesus.
- Connection - OHC inspires a spiritual environment in which people feel connected to one another and to God.
- Outreach - OHC worshippers, convinced of Jesus' commandment to be salt and light, go to their neighborhoods, families, workplaces, and schools to witness and invite.
- Next Generation - OHC successfully reaches the next generation for Christ.
- Mission Beyond Our Walls - OHC demonstrates and proclaims the gospel to those in need across the Cedar Valley, our nation, and our world.
- Leadership Development - OHC invests in Christ's church by training, coaching and providing resources for future leaders.
- Ministry Resources and Tools - OHC provides for its staff, ministry leaders, and volunteers resources and tools needed for ministry.