Immediate Serving Needs
What talents, abilities, or ambitions has God given you? Put them in action by helping to serve in a ministry. Here are our immediate needs:
Immediate needs at the Cedar Falls Campus:
Sunday Morning Teams
Our Sunday morning ministry teams are looking for more people! We encourage everyone who regularly attends Orchard to get involved in one of our teams on Sunday mornings. Joining a team is one way to jump into this river of life, as our teachers have been teaching us.
- Greeting Team - make people feel welcomed as they enter the building with a friendly smile or handshake; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ushers - hand out bulletins, help people find a seat, or take offering; Contact email@example.com.
- Parking Team - direct traffic as cars arrive for service; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Production Team - run sound, computer, cameras or lights during service; Contact email@example.com.
- Face to Face Team - help those with questions at the welcome center; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kid's Ministry - help with classroom leaders, small group leaders, greeters; Contact email@example.com.
- Coffee House - help make serve coffee; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider contacting one of the ministry leaders in your bulletin or stop by the welcome center today and leave your contact information for them to contact you.
CHAOS (Wednesday Nights)
Help serve pizza to students before large group time. This is extremely helpful for students who come after school activities and haven't had time yet to eat supper. We provide the pizza, plates, and napkins. We serve pizza from 6:00-6:30pm in the coffee house at Nazareth Lutheran Church with simple clean up to follow. We looking for team members to help serve once a month.
Van Drivers Team
Help provide transportation (with the Orchard Hill Church van) for students that eat the family meal at Orchard Hill to get to Nazareth Lutheran for CHAOS as well as provide transportation for small groups to serve together at the Foodbank in Waterloo. We have pick up at 6:15pm at Orchard Hill with a return time to Nazareth Lutheran after serving at the foodbank at 8:00pm. We are looking for team members to help provide transportation once a month.
Check-In Team (new)
Help each student become connected to CHAOS by helping them check in and by helping them feel like they belong by being the one of the first people to greet them. Our check in program helps us to stay connected to our students in easy and tangible ways. We will have students check in from 6:00-6:40pm in the coffee house at Nazareth Lutheran Church. We are looking for team members to help with Check-In one to two times a month.
Small Group Leaders Team (currently need male leaders)
Love on a group of 6-8 students weekly through a safe space provided at Nazareth Lutheran Church after large group time. Small groups meet weekly from 7:30-8:00pm. Large group begins at 6:30pm. Leader Rundown of the evening is at 6:00pm. Leader meal is provided starting at 5:15. (optional)
Immediate Needs at the Grundy County Campus:
Set Up Team: 1-2 people. 7:45-8:45 am. 1 Sunday each month. Contact Jenn Venenga at 319-825-4565 or email@example.com.
Computer Slides: 8:30am-12:15pm. 1 Sunday each month. Read along with song lyrics & teaching notes. Press space bar to advance slides. Contact Jenn Venenga at 319-825-4565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sound Board: 8:30am-12:15pm. Contact Jenn Venenga at 319-825-4565 or email@example.com.
Nursery Team: Contact Jenn Venenga at 319-825-4565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.