One of the marks of Christ-followers is that they will follow Jesus into a life of service and sacrifice in order to see people reconciled back to God and one another through Christ. Service is a grateful response to God as we recognize that we have been blessed to be a blessing. Service is also a discipline toward a life of love. Serving helps us to die to our self-centered nature and to use our spiritual gifts in community to equip the Body of Christ and to cooperate with God’s Spirit in bringing His Kingdom to earth.
We follow Christ into service as we care and share together across all divides.
In this season of Orchard Hill Church, God has been helping us care and share together across six communities for the purpose of life-change and mission in Christ. God is teaching, growing, and using us in his reconciling purposes as he connects people and resources through:
- Orchard Hill Church, CF campus
Orchard Hill Church’s guiding principles of service:
- Prayer - We believe that it is the power of the Holy Spirit that heals the brokenness within ourselves and within our world. We believe we are to serve in a posture of prayer and humility for that healing.
- Mutual relationships - Relationships are the critical factor for change, and we believe that as we connect relationally, God will grow us as we both give to and receive from others.
- Compassion - Compassion means to “suffer with”. We believe that Jesus modeled a life of compassion and that we are to enter into the pain of others as Jesus did and does still today.
- Development - We believe that it is God’s will to save people through Jesus Christ, to develop His people toward Christ-likeness, and to use their gifts for the Kingdom of God. We believe that we should serve in the way of love and development for everyone who is involved.