The Gathering, one of the most exciting and impactful services of the year, is coming up on September 8. God has worked in powerful ways in previous years through this event and our anticipation is that this year's Gathering will also be an impactful morning.
The foundation for an event like this has to be built on God's leadership and the community we have together as part of the Body of Christ. Therefore prayer is a really important component of preparing for these services. There are two ways you can be part of the praying for the Gathering – praying during the next 2 weeks for the requests listed below and/or coming early (8:45) to the Gallagher to pray with others before the services begin. If you have questions, you can contact Sally Baker email@example.com or 277-7920.
Things to pray about for the Gathering:
- That the weather will be good, especially for the college lunch which will be outside.
- That people of all ages and from all our campuses coming to the Gathering will have a powerful sense of unity and Christian community.
- That all the technology details and components will come together smoothly and work well.
- For those who are volunteering as parking lot attendants, ushers, greeters, and 'behind the scenes' helpers.
- The nurseries – for the volunteers and for the children feel comfortable in a new place.
- That those leading 'up front' in the services will be empowered to give a clear vision of God's direction for the future and inspired to lead in meaningful worship.
- A prayer of thanks that OHC can be a "city on a hill" in the communities we serve and that as we share the bright light of the Gospel it will transform the lives it touches.